It’s been a challenging couple of weeks, as all of our lives continue to change in drastic fashion due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic – and we’ll have at least a few more challenging weeks ahead. At the member companies of Utica National, we hope that all of you and your families are safe and healthy.
As a strong mutual company with a rich tradition of quality service when you need us most, we’re prepared to serve our independent agents and you – our valued policyholder -- during this unprecedented time.
What We’re Doing for Our Customers
We are committed to keeping our promise to our policyholders which includes fast and effective claim services. Our claims professionals are ready to assist you 24/7/365.
There are several ways that you can report a claim:
We’ve made some changes to our billing and payment options in light of the current situation.
Here are the changes:
- We are granting a 30-day grace period on payments that are due – please call 800-598-8422 to discuss any accounts where this is necessary. For policyholders that receive a grace period, we will work with them to spread the amount owed across their remaining payments.
- We are waiving late fees for all policies.
- We are no longer charging a fee to take payments over the phone with a customer service representative.
- We will be increasing our limit on credit card payments from $10,000 per payment to $500,000 per payment.
We hope that by taking these measures, it will help policyholders manage their insurance payments during this time.
Also, New York state policyholders will receive a letter describing coverages available from the member companies of the Utica National Insurance Group related to the outbreak of COVID-19. View that letter here.
For our Commercial Lines customers, COVID-19 workplace action plan training is available online.
What We’re Doing for Our Employees
- We have an extensive business continuity plans in place and have moved nearly all of our teams throughout the country to a remote working environment.
- We’ve provided our employees with the necessary tools to be successful in this virtual environment to continue to write business, handle claims, and service you.
- Please call 800-598-8422 with any customer service, billing, or claims-related calls.
- You can chat live with our customer service representatives in our online Customer Care Center Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at uticcanational.com/customercare.
- Our Customer Care Center is available 24/7/365 for all other self-service tasks, including paying your bill, choosing our paperless billing option, checking on claims, and more.
- To report a claim, please call 800-216-1420.
- For another other questions, please contact your Utica National independent agent.