Due to safety concerns related to COVID-19, the 2020 Utica National Kids Run has been converted to a virtual event. This falls on the heels of the iconic Boilermaker race, which also will be virtual in 2020.
The Utica National Kids Run is one of the Boilermaker's most popular and beloved events year after year. In its 32nd year, the event is fun for kids and parents alike, and offers kids exposure to the sport of running while introducing them to the spirit of the Boilermaker.
Please see below for the answers to some frequently asked questions surrounding the transition of this year's Kids Run to a virtual event.
- When will the 2020 Utica National Virtual Kids Run take place?
Participants will run their ¼-mile, ½-mile, ¾-mile, or 1-mile race, depending on age, at their discretion (time & location) between September 1, 2020, and September 13, 2020 and report their time back to Utica National no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on September 13. You will be able to report your time on uticanational.com/kidsrun beginning on September 1, 2020.
The age groups are as follows:
- 4-6 years old will run the ¼-mile;
- 7-8 years old will run the ½-mile
- 9-10 years old will run the ¾-mile;
- 11-12 years old will run the 1-mile;
- and the Special Needs Division will run the ¼-mile.
- What is the deadline to register for the 2020 Utica National Virtual Kids Run?
Registration ended on Sunday, July 26.
- What do I need to know about the 2020 Utica National Virtual Kids Run?
- Participants from around the country will run their race at their discretion (time and location) between September 1, 2020, and September 13, 2020, and report their time back to Utica National no later than 11:59 p.m. Easten time on September 13 at uticanational.com/kidsrun.
- Participants can run on the course of their choice including a treadmill or a track. They are encouraged to run their race on a course that is safe from a physical perspective and to ensure that they follow all proper social distancing guidelines and traffic laws for their region, or state.
- Participants are encouraged to send Utica National photos from their race by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post photos from the race on Utica National’s social media channels throughout the 2-week race period.
- All registered participants will receive a limited-edition 2020 Utica National Virtual Kids Run T-shirt.
- Can anyone sign up for the 2020 Virtual Kids Run?
Any child from ages four to 12 can register for the Kids Run. Registration is now open and will remain open until 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, July 15, 2020, or until the race caps out at 2,000 kids.
- What course do I have to run for the 2020 Virtual Kids Run?
- You can run your race on any course you choose, including a treadmill or track. Depending on your age, you’ll either run a ¼-mile (4-6 years old), ½-mile (7-8 years old), ¾-mile (9-10 years old), or 1 mile (11-12 years old). Also, the Special Needs division will run a 1/4 -mile race.
- Please be mindful of required social distancing and choose a course that is safe from a physical perspective.
- How do I report my time (result) to Utica National?
Beginning on September 1, there will be a link on uticanational.com/kidsrun for you to upload your time. We encourage you to take photos of your race and upload the photos to Utica National when you upload your time, or you can email them to email@example.com.
- What is the deadline for results to be submitted?
All results must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday, September 13, 2020.
- Will the race results be posted anywhere?
Yes. The race results will be published on uticanational.com/kidsrun.