Countdown to September 1, 2020:
The 32nd Utica National Kids Run Has Gone Virtual!!
The 2020 Utica National Kids Run has transitioned to a virtual event due to the unchartered and turbulent waters of the coronavirus pandemic. The decision follows in the footsteps of the iconic Boilermaker 15K and the Utica National 5K which will also be virtual races this year.
The Utica National Kids Run is one of the Boilermaker's most popular and beloved events year after year. In its 32nd year, the event is fun for kids and parents alike and offers kids exposure to the sport of running while introducing them to the spirit of the Boilermaker.
We welcome all children ages four to 12 years old to register for this year’s historic event. All participants will receive a 2020 Utica National Kids Run T-shirt.
How It Will Work:
- All registered participants will run either a ¼ mile, ½ mile, or a mile, depending on their age.
- The kids will run their race at their discretion (time and location) between September 1, 2020 and September 13, 2020.
- We encourage all kids to run on a course of their choice, including a treadmill or track. Please run on a course that is safe from physical prospective and to ensure that they follow all social distancing guidelines and traffic laws for their region, state, or country.
- Participants will then report their times back to Utica National on this page beginning on September 1, 2020.
- Refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Running Tips for Kids:
- Be sure to stretch before running.
- It’s important to hydrate before and after the race! Drink plenty of water or Gatorade.
- Pick a course that is safe from all perspectives -- terrain, traffic, and social distancing.
- If running on roadways, be careful and run against the flow of traffic.
- We do not recommend wearing flip-flops, sandals, Crocs, or heelys while running.
- Please dress appropriately and wear your 2020 Kids Run T-shirt!