How to avoid identity theft.
Identity theft happens to millions of people each year. Here are some tips to protect your identity.
- Protect your social security number. Don't carry it. Don't write it in your wallet. Don't email it. There aren't too many time you need the full number, so only share it when you must.
- Don’t give any information over the phone if they you receive a call. Ever. If someone calls asking for a password or personal information, tell them you will call them back, and call the nuimber you have on file.
- Never give any information via email you receive. Call the company and ask why they need the information before giving any data.
- Be cautious of public Wi-Fi networks. Public networks are just that, public. Don't connect to a Wi-Fi link unless you know and trust it. If you do enter a public network, refrain from entering a password or personal information.
- Shred. Shred sensitive documents.
- Protect your mail. Don't leave your mail on the mailbox overnight. Contact the post office if you're going to be away.
Ask your local agent about identity theft coverage.
Customer Care center
Our mission is to help our policyholders feel secure, appreciated, and respected. Our digital Customer Care center offers a tailored experience with increased functionality for insureds, including more risk management tips.
We care deeply about the security of our policyholders, which is why we strive to continually evolve the digital experience.
NOTICE: This information is provided solely as an insurance risk management tool. It is provided with the understanding that the member insurance companies of the Utica National Insurance Group ("Utica National") are not providing legal advice, or any other professional services or advice. Utica National shall have no liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the use of this information. You are encouraged to consult an attorney or other professional for advice on these issues.
This is a summary of coverage and services. The precise coverage is subject to the actual terms and conditions of the insurance policy. Not all coverages are available in all states.