A hurricane can cause widespread devastation during and after the strom hits. Planning and preparation are key for staying safe and recovering quickly if damage is left behind.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers the following tips on how to surive a hurricane.
- Stay informed through emergency notifications.
- Plan for an evacuation by creating a family emergency communication plan.
- Stock up on emergency supplies by adding a few items each week or month.
- Take action to protect your property against wind and water damage.
- Decide to stay or evacuate depending on what local authorities advise.
For a complete hurricane preparedness guide with tips and a checklist, visit FEMA.gov.
Policyholders at Utica National can get more risk management information at the Customer Care center.
NOTICE: This information is provided solely as an insurance risk management tool. It is provided with the understanding that the member insurance companies of the Utica National Insurance Group are not providing legal advice, risk management advice, or any other professional services or advice. Utica National shall have no liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the use of this information. You are encouraged to consult an attorney or other professional for advice on these issues.