Keep these five tips in mind when riding your motorcycle.
- "Look twice." This isn't just for other cars and trucks, it is also for other motorcyclists, too. Always be doubly aware of other drivers.
- Reaction time. Be sure to use the directional brake with plenty of time for people behind you to stop.
- Have proper gear. Jacket, gloves, boots, glasses, and a helmet are all recommended for the best safety.
- Checklist. Give your motorcycle a once over before you begin every ride.
- Tire safety. Check your tires for any cracks and be sure the air pressure is correct before you start riding.
Always remember to properly secure your motorcycle when not riding.
If you're considering a new bike, or already have one, check with your local agent for possible cost savings when you bundle.
Customer Care center
Our mission is to help our policyholders feel secure, appreciated, and respected, especially in big moments in their lives, like the purchase of a motorcycle.
Our digital Customer Care center offers a tailored experience with increased functionality for registered policyholders.
We care deeply about our policyholders, which is why we strive to continually evolve the digital experience.
NOTICE: This information is provided solely as an insurance risk management tool. It is provided with the understanding that the member insurance companies of the Utica National Insurance Group ("Utica National") are not providing legal advice, or any other professional services or advice. Utica National shall have no liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the use of this information. You are encouraged to consult an attorney or other professional for advice on these issues.