Driving a vehicle can be dangerous and there are many distractions that can increase the chances of a potential accident. Your safety behind the wheels and the safety of your passengers should be at your highest priority.
- Focus on the road and eliminate distractions, especially phones and other electronic devices.
- Don’t drive when you are tired or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Watch out for other drivers and always be ready to react to avoid a potential crash.
- When driving in severe weather, plan ahead, give yourself extra time, and pack an emergency supply kit.
- Keep children safe in your vehicle by using properly-installed and safety-approved car seats or booster seats.
For more tips on driving safety, visit the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration’s site.
Policyholders at Utica National can get more risk management information at the Customer Care center.
NOTICE: This information is provided solely as an insurance risk management tool. It is provided with the understanding that the member insurance companies of the Utica National Insurance Group are not providing legal advice, risk management advice, or any other professional services or advice. Utica National shall have no liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the use of this information. You are encouraged to consult an attorney or other professional for advice on these issues.