“RISEing” to the Occasion
Our company has been honored to receive the Rising Insurance Star Executives’ RISE ELITE50 Award, which recognizes the top 50 insurance companies countrywide with exceptional internship programs. Nominees are scored on several criteria, including full-time employment opportunity; diversity, inclusion, and culture; training and mentoring; executive-level exposure; and more.
At Utica National, our internship program stands out through:
- challenging and meaningful projects,
- mentoring from experienced co-workers and leaders,
- development workshops to help interns grow professionally,
- networking opportunities with insurance professionals, including leaders and executives, and
- an organized and structured program that allows for a stress-free environment.
We offer internship opportunities in a variety of areas*, including:
- Actuarial & Data Analytics
- Corporate Communications
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Sales
*Internship opportunities may vary year to year based on need and availability.
As a Utica National intern, you will:
- participate in a 10-week program, 4 days a week from June until August,
- complete challenging projects that can have a significant impact on our business,
- learn about opportunities within the company, with the option to job-shadow areas you’re interested in,
- network with executives, leaders, and insurance professionals through collaboration and group activities,
- present your project results to our Executive Staff and be recognized for your work,
- complete self-directed learning, workshops, and mentoring to strengthen your professional development skills, and
- visit our Corporate Headquarters with your fellow interns to make connections and complete your presentation to leaders.
Plus, as a Utica National Intern, you will feel challenged, appreciated, and empowered!
You’ve graduated and are excited to take the next step. Where will you go? Choose Utica National.
- Competitive Paid-Time Off. We want you to love your job – and we know that you have a personal life. Take time to do what you love outside of work with your vacation time, paid holidays, and volunteer day!
- Work/Life Balance and Hybrid Work Environment. We like our team members to be happy and healthy by recognizing that everyone needs something different.
- Tuition Assistance Program. Take advantage of our 100% paid tuition program as you earn another degree (based on business approval).
- Professional Development for Every Level. Grow your skillset through self-directed and instructor-led learning, leadership development programs, paid designations and/or certifications, mentors and coaches – these are just a few ways we’ll help you grow with us!
- Health-Focused Atmosphere. Our team is focused on a healthier you, offering a fitness center and classes*, health challenges, and incentives.
*At Home Office only. For regional team members, a discount can be requested for your fitness center.